Monday, February 27, 2006

Back to school...and I'm so sad.

I really thought life would get easier when the kiddos went off to school. But that just hasn't been the case. In many ways, things are just more chaotic. Maybe that's because Max is still home...so I still have no free time. And on top of all the normal stuff at home, there's endless "school stuff" to deal with. Next year, Max will most likely be in preschool for a couple hours. Will that bring a little more calm to my world? I hesitate to hazard a guess at this point. If I've learned anything from motherhood, it's that you can never foresee the future. You should never say never. There's just too many unpredictables with children, and with life in general.
Anyway, I just love it when the kids don't have to go to school. I never, ever thought I would feel that way! I really need a little "me time"...it's so incredibly rare! But at the same time, I just love having them all here. Sure, they drive me crazy with their whining and demanding and fussing. But damn, is it wonderful to have them around!!!
Today, they head back to school after a week off for winter break. And already, life has become more hectic...

Today's quote of the day:
"In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you." --Deepak Chopra

1 comment:

marianne said...

Hi Debi -

Thanks for stopping by - glad you enjoyed your visit.

I've just read all of your blog and think you've have lots of important things to say! Love the quotes - too cute.

I'll be dropping by again - keep writing! :)