Wednesday, February 14, 2007

snow day!

I'm having a hard time believing it, but they actually gave the kids a snow day! Maybe they're feeling generous because it's Valentines Day. Well, whatever the reason, I'm not complaining. Still feeling like crap from this annoying cold, and I really didn't want to be running around to the boys' school delivering cupcakes and the like.

We've got about 10" of snow so far, and they're calling for another 10-12" by 5:00pm from this winter storm. And then this evening and tomorrow the lake effect snow is supposed to kick back in. Maybe we'll end up with a nice big pile by the weekend. Then again, maybe we won't. Anyway, I'm grateful for all the new snow...the old stuff was starting to look pretty crappy, especially beside the roadways.

The Valentines traditions have begun here in our humble little abode. Got up at 4:45 to make the traditional chocolate-dipped strawberries. Annie would be heartbroken if I skipped over that one. I must admit, I did blow off decorating for Valentines Day this year. Just never got around to it. Oh well. The kids are much more interested in their little gifts and in the strawberries for breakfast and the M&M pancakes for dinner. Wonder how many times they'll ask, "How long until Daddy gets home?"...which translates to, "How much longer until we can open our presents?".

--Geez...right on cue..."When's Daddy getting home?"-Gray. "In about 10 hours."-me. "What?!! I can't wait that long!"-Max.

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, sounds like a fun day at your house! I'd love the strawberries and pancakes :)

Hope you guys all have a wonderful Valentines!

Dawn said...

I was really hoping for snow. We just got rain!! I will be thankful when we have no snow days to make up in June!

It sounds like some fun Valentine traditions at your house!

take care,
Dawn