Saturday, March 31, 2007

looking forward to...

Nothing major going on at our little abode this weekend. But there are a lot of little things that I'm looking forward to...

*Rich is going to grill tonight! (Yes, I'm deviating from my menu plan, but we couldn't pass up on this little blast of spring! Especially since there's snow in the forecast for Wednesday and Thursday.) Burgers from the grill and pizza salad...yum...one of my all-time favorite meals.



Proof that spring really is coming:
























*Finishing up Jean's book. Wow. I'm more blown away than ever...not only did she write this book in one month's time (which frankly, is amazing all on its own), but it's really, really good! I have a hard time putting it down!

*If the rain holds off, Rich is going to take the kids on a hike. I am going to stay home and make myself do a layout. Seems funny that I should have to make myself, but I'm hoping once I get started my motivation will kick in.

*Watching last Monday's episode of 24 with Rich tonight. I already saw it, but can one really ever get enough of Jack Bauer?!!

*Going out tomorrow night. We got a babysitter and are heading out to dinner and to do some shopping. This is actually somewhat of a necessity, as we need to get stuff for Easter and Annie's birthday. But it will be fun none-the-less.

Of course, I do need to get some work done, too. General cleaning, laundry (always laundry!), making a NY history test and some other "school" stuff, and hopefully weeding out our dresser. But all in all, I think I've got enough good stuff going on to make it a pleasant weekend.

Hope everyone else enjoys their weekend as well!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Yum! Enjoy your burgers. I think I'll try using the grill tonight as well. I've heard a bit of a wintry mix is headed our way too!

I'm glad you are enjoying your book!

I just took a quick inventory of what I have for Easter and need to do some of that shopping this weekend myself!

Enjoy your night out tomorrow.

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Pizza Salad? What in the world is that? Do tell!! You enjoy your grilled meal tonight! We grill steaks last night and they were so good! Food cook outside in the fresh air tastes so much better!

Y'all have fun on your date! David and I are alone this weekend (the girls are with their Dad). We're gonna go do some Easter Bunny shopping and go to Olive Garden for dinner.

Oh! Almost forgot ~ I tagged ya on my blog this morning! The ABC's...

Jean said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm thinking more comedy next year ... but still zombies.

gail@more than a song said...

Ooh, those flowers are so pretty!
Jack, always good to see.
Grilling sounds fun, sorry about the snow.

~**Dawn**~ said...

crocus (crocuses? croci?) always make me smile. =)