Wednesday, July 18, 2007

just getting this over with...


It was bound to happen sooner or later. I've been trying not to join this challenge for the past few weeks. But frankly, I knew in my heart, that it was inevitable. So I'm just gonna do it and then I can stop torturing myself about it.

Joy is hosting the 2nds Challenge. It runs from October through December (starting right after her Non-Fiction Five Challenge). All you have to do is pick 3 books by authors that you've only read one of their other books. Geez...that didn't come out too clearly, did it? I suggest you go to Joy's to have things spelled out more lucidly.

Anyway, as for my list...

*American Gods by Neil Gaiman (I've read Coraline. Adored it. Also excited about reading this one because of all the wonderful talk about Gaiman over at Carl's during the Once Upon a Time Challenge. I actually bought this book several weeks ago, but haven't read it yet. Guess I'll be waiting until October.)

*The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett (I've been so anxious to read this book ever since Annie and I read Chasing Vermeer last year for school. I think I enjoyed it more than she, and I've been dying to see what Calder and Petra are up to now.)

*The View From Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg (From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler was one of my all-time favorite books as a kid. And yet I never read anything else by her. Time to remedy that.)

O.K., now I'd like to promise that this will be the last challenge that I'm going to join for the year. But I already know it won't be. Carl will be hosting his RIP Challenge this fall...and there's no way I'm passing that one up!

5 comments:

Melody said...

Hey Debi, I joined! :D

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Look at you, joining a challenge (hehehe!) :)

You can do it Debi, this one is totally up your alley!

Happy Reading!

Framed said...

How could anyone pass this one up. When you read a great author, you just have to read another. I read my first Gaiman book a few months back, but unfortunately read another right away. But I'm saving Neverwhere for the RIP challenge.

Ana S. said...

American Gods is great! I hope you enjoy it!

I couldn't resist this one either. Happy reading!

Joy said...

Hi Debi! Glad you joined us. :)

I listened to The Anansi Boys by Gaiman and I didn't like it, so I'm not so sure I will attempt another. ??? I'm glad you like him though. :)

Hope you enjoy all your choices.