Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday's book hodge-podge

It's Tuesday, Where Are You?:

Afraid to say, I haven't moved around much over the last week. I'm still in London, trying to figure out what to do about that evil Count. (Dracula) Though Galileo just died, I still haven't left Italy. (The Scientists) I'm outside Petersburg, VA, feeling pretty miserable in this labyrinth of trenches. (The Civil War) And I just arrived in Liberia at a gorgeous home outside of Monrovia. (The House at Sugar Beach)

Tuesday Teasers:

I always enjoy reading Melody's passages when she plays this, so I thought I'd join in today. After all, it fits in so perfectly on Tuesday's schedule. The "rules" set forth by our hostess at Should Be Reading, are as follows:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!


From Dracula by Bram Stoker:

"There are such being as vampires; some of us have evidence that they exist. Even had we not the proof of our own unhappy experience, the teachings and the records of the past give proof enough for sane peoples...."


The Blame Game:

Only one point to award this week. I finally picked up a copy of Nation by Terry Pratchett last week. How could one not feel compelled to read it after Nymeth's incredible review?!! So yep, point to Nymeth.

10 comments:

BooksPlease said...

Proof that vampires exist - oh dear, am I brave enough to read this book?

Today, I'm in Ireland with The Secret Scripture and France with Les Miserables - see my post here.

shelburns said...

I am hooked on vampires right now as I'm in the middle of New Moon, the 2nd in the Twilight series.

Today, I'm in La Push with Bella and Jacob secretly working on motorcycles. I'll have to "play" this one on Tuesdays as well.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Dracula was a great book. It had such a unique way of storytelling.

Tuesday Teaser

Anonymous said...

I must have read Dracula thrice!

My Teasers!

Ana S. said...

yaaay, you got Nation! I can't wait to see how you like it.

And that's a great passage from Dracula! I really like the Tuesday teasers... I need to join one of these days.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I started a book this morning but I'm still not sure where I am. Somewhere Central US, I think. :) There's no description on the back of the book and I'm too lazy to look it up (A Map of the World by Hamilton). I put The Nation on my wishlist too after reading Nymeth's review.

Wendi said...

I enjoyed that book - haven't thought of it in a while though - thanks for the reminder!

Here is a link to my first Teaser Tuesday post:
http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/teaser-tuesday-kushiels-mercy-by.html

~ Wendi

Melody said...

Glad you played, Debi!
I need to read Dracula soon!!! ;)

DesLily said...

I get the biggest kick out of your "blame game" lol.. boy, Nymeth really took a vast lead in the blame department hahahaha!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Aren't you just the world traveler, from London to Italy to Liberia! Nothing better than escaping with a good book :)

Happy Reading!