Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Comic Adventures of Boots...random thoughts

The Comic Adventures of Boots by Satoshi Kitamura.

Clothed in cozy pjs, snuggled up in a fuzzy blanket, reading a cat book with my favorite little cat lover. Could there possibly be a better way to spend a half hour? No, I didn't think so.

The Comic Adventures of Boots actually contains three separate stories. "Operation Fish Biscuit" tells the story of how Boots lost his favorite sleeping spot in the sun and his clever plan to get it back. In "Pleased to Meet You, Madam Quark," Boots is saved by a duck who then teaches him how to swim. (They have a little less luck with the flying lessons.) And finally, "Let's Play a Guessing Game" is a look at a game of cat charades.

I found the stories to be fun, but really not the most creative I've ever read. But the art...oh my, I absolutely cannot resist these little cats! Seriously, they're just too stinkin' cute for words!

And what does the resident expert on cat books have to say about it all? When asked what he thought of the book overall, he answered, "It was a good book. Really good." And when I asked which story was his favorite, he said, "Uh Mom, they were all the same good." (The pure exasperation with which this was said caused me to read between the lines. What he was too kind to say aloud, but was undoubtedly thinking was, "Don't you know anything, Mom?!!")

5 comments:

Eva said...

Awww-so cute! :)

chrisa511 said...

I'm glad to here that they were all the same good! :D I'm going to have to see if my library has this one next time I go. The cover is just too cool. Sounds like a great way to spend half an hour Debi :)

Bookfool said...

Kids are so good at telling it like it is. My library doesn't have books like this, darn it. I'm sure the inner kid and cat lover in me would adore Boots.

kreed said...

Girl, I am totally in awe - how on earth do you read so many books and find time to review them? And has Rich had to build an outbuilding for your expanding pile of books - and I know you are not the only one in the family with a love of books!

I am going over to check out Gray's blog right now!

Ana S. said...

lol! Yeah, don't you know anything, Debi? All stories with cats in them are equally good! :P This was pretty much my opinion when I was Max's age, and I would sigh and roll my eyes if anyone said otherwise.

Judging by the cover, the art seems irresistible indeed!