Saturday, April 18, 2009

read-a-thon update 5











Since last post:

On the clock:

--Reading: 77 minutes

--On computer (blogging, commenting/cheering, mini-challenges): 68 minutes

--Other (pet care, cooking, etc.): 5 minutes

Between the covers:

--Number of pages: 142 pages

--What I read: Skim by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki

Down the hatch:

--Food:

--Drink: half a Coke


Cumulatively:

On the clock:

--Reading: 301 minutes

--On computer (blogging, commenting/cheering, mini-challenges): 316 minutes

--Other (pet care, cooking, etc.): 44 minutes

Between the covers:

--Number of pages: 462 pages

--What I've read: The Castle Corona by Sharon Creech, Skim by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki

Down the hatch:

--Food: 2 big bowls of fruit salad, slice of raspberry kuchen, Ritz crackers with cheese, handful of Cheetos

--Drink: 2 big mugs of coffee, half a Coke


Miscellaneous comments:
*Not that I had the slightest doubt, but Chris was right--Skim is one really good book!
*Now, what to read next...

11 comments:

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I'm so impressed you know your numbers so exact! You're doing great!

Amanda said...

Wait - 462 pages, and you say you're not a fast reader?? Thats not at ALL true Debi! You're doing fantastic.

Care said...

HUZZAH! (I've always wanted to use this word and it just doesn't sound right spoken...)

Trish said...

Hmmm--what is Skim? Can't wait to hear all about it! I just started Fun Home and am loving it.

Chris said...

Look at you Debi! You're doing awesome! I'm starting to feel sleepy...I'm trying to decide if I want a short nap or not? hmmm. I'm so glad that you enjoyed Skim too and that we both read it for the readathon :D For some reason, that makes me super happy!

J.S. Peyton said...

I think I may have a little too much coke myself. I bouncing off the walls a few hours ago and now... yeah. lol. Keep up the great job! We're halfway there!

Amanda said...

Great job Debi!! Even if you don't read super fast, you're getting a ton accomplished!

Eva said...

You're doing great! :D

Maree said...

Doing great; keep it up! :)

Bellezza said...

Would Skim be a Japanese book?(Are you sure you want to blog with someone who has to ask that? I'm just curious because Tamaki rings of Japanese to me...)

I noticed that you don't have an nap time clocked. I'm very impressed that anyone can read for 300 plus minutes without a nap in there.

Maybe next time this rolls around I can join in. In the meantime, I hope you know I joined you vicariously.

Kailana said...

Yay for reading two books now! I am a bit blog-commenting overwhelmed! lol Happy reading!