Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Santa was here!

 When I awoke this morning, all was looking and feeling Christmas-y. We had a beautiful new coating of the white stuff on the ground and the tree was lit and looking festive in its multi-colored glow. Unfortunately, as the sun began to come up, we saw that someone had not been in the holiday spirit last night...that fresh new coating of snow had obviously caused them to slide off the road and drive through the edge of our front yard taking out our mailbox in the process. Jerk! And I don't say that because they slid off the road...anyone can have a mishap driving on slippery roads. No, I say that because they didn't bother to stop. *sigh*

But, hey, that was not going to ruin my day. Annie volunteers at the library on Wednesday mornings, and I love just hanging out there working on school stuff (and browsing :D) until she's done. So, after a few snowballs thrown with the boys at the bus stop, Annie and I got ourselves ready to go. And when we left the library to come back home, I was a happy camper...as my browsing led to quite a wonderful haul of library loot!

And did the smile end there? No way! Because upon our arrival home, I found, in the mailbox that Rich had managed to precariously balance, at quite an awkward angle, in its hole, my Holiday Swap package!!!






Oh my goodness...talk about major spoilage here! I probably should have admitted when I signed up for the swap that I really hadn't been that good a girl this year. ;)  I've never heard of the book, A World I Never Made, but I am ridiculously excited to read it...it definitely sounds like one I will enjoy. And of my, I wish you could see the little Jane Austen journals better...they are so adorable and I am utterly addicted to little journals. And dark chocolate...mmmmm...no promises that it lasts until Christmas though. And the napkins...how clever is that?!! And the too, too cute post-its and clip-tabs. This was just tooooooo fun for words, I tell you!!!

Honestly, I feel so utterly spoiled here. Many, many, many thanks to the most awesome Secret Santa ever: Beth Fish!!!! May every day of the holiday season bring you smiles as big as those you brought me today!

Many thanks, also, to Nymeth! I've had a glimpse at how much work she puts into the Holiday Swap, and frankly, I'm in awe. Thanks, too, to all her wonderful little elves!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

15 comments:

Beth F said...

Enjoy!! I had fun finding everything.

Ana S. said...

Aww - Beth is awesome :D That's a lovely package if I ever saw one. And like Care was saying on twitter, a pox on the mailbox crasher!

Literary Feline said...

It's so much fun to see what everyone's getting. :-) I hope you'll enjoy A World I Never Made. I read it earlier this year and really enjoyed it. Enjoy our goodies, Debi!

That's too bad about the accident. The guy really should have stopped. :-( I am glad you didn't let it ruin your day though.

Amanda said...

Is that Jennifer Gordon artwork I see in the background?? I love her art! I ordered a bunch of it in October and am asking for frames for Christmas to put it up! :)

Wonderful gifts, Debi. Beth did such a great job!

Aarti said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Enjoy!

Staci said...

Your goodies are awesome!!!

Jean said...

Sounds as though you're feeling better, which makes me smile. I'm also smiling because the snow stayed north of us, so while the wind is cold and wicked outside here, last weekend's snow has melted off and the roads are fine. And I agree--a pox on the mailbox crasher!

Megan said...

Looks like Santa was very good to you! Almost makes me wish I'd signed up for the swap, but so much stupid crap (a pox on stupid crap *and* mailbox crashers!) is taking up my time (and money!) that adding another obligation to my existing many would have probably put me over the edge, so it's probably good that I didn't. Anywho - enough of me and my bah humbuggy attitude - hope you much enjoy your cool stuff! =D

Care said...

OH. YEA!
and yes, a big thanks to organizer Nymeth!!

Care said...

OH. YEA!
and yes, a big thanks to organizer Nymeth!!

DesLily said...

what a great swap package you got!! I am so glad you had a snowball fight, fun at the library and come home to such a great pressie!!!

Hope the rest of the holidays are as good to you and your family !

Melody said...

Wow, you've a lovely package there, Debi! Beth is awesome, isn't she? :)

kreed said...

How cool! You deserve all the goodies that come your way :)!

And as far as the mailbox crasher goes...karma is a bitch - he/she will get what is deserved! In the meantime, I am glad it was able to be propped up enough to get your package!

serendipity_viv said...

What a lovely collection of goodies you received. I hope you enjoy them.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Such great gifts and after such a rude beginning to the day. Enjoy!