Monday, October 23, 2006

sporting woes

No offense to all the baseball, basketball, and NASCAR fans out there...but I've just never found these sports to hold much appeal to me personally. But please don't take away my football and hockey! Well, that's what I've always thought anyway. This year is certainly putting me to the test, however. No...I'll not abandon my teams. But they most certainly are making it hard to be very enthusiastic about the world of sports this fall.

My much beloved Dolphins have been disappointing me for several years now, but a 1-6 start. Come on, guys! And as bad as that is, at least they're tied for last place in the league. The Flyers get to claim bottom of the barrel all to themselves! I'm telling you...this is NOT a fun time! And though I'm actually happy about the big shake-ups in Philly (not a big fan of Bob Clarke), I have my doubts whether it will really turn things around all that much. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hey...I just found the silver lining...both of my teams have nowhere to go but up!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Now that's a positive outlook (no where to go but up LOL!). I, myself, am a Red Sox fan. The hardest part for me is realizing that I am now old enough to be the mother to most of the players. Wasn't I just 14 watching them play! How did I get so old and they didn't.

For the life of me I can't figure out football though :)

take care,
Dawn

marianne said...

Oh boy, do I feel your pain! My 'Skins bite this season too... but I love your attitude - no where to go but up!