Sunday, March 04, 2007

creating update (week 2)

A pretty slow week compared to last. But that was to be expected...after all, it was back to school.



Completed 2 spreads for our Road Trip 2006 album. Not much creativity involved though...just following the plan I came up with for the album. So it was just a matter of execution. Almost finished the third and final spread for Day 2 as well...I needed to enlarge a photo, but discovered we were out of photo paper. Oh well.




Continued practicing the knitting. Was getting a little bored with knitting and ripping out and knitting and ripping out, but I didn't feel ready to start any real project. Then Max asked me to make his Webkin kitty a scarf. Perfect. As simple as it gets, yet sort of productive as well. Now Gray and Annie want scarves for their Webkins, too. Which is fine with me...more practice. Maybe by then, I'll be ready for something a bit more challenging (or at least a bit larger).
Did want to say a big "Thank you!" to Dawn for hooking me up this a great knitting website. Haven't had a great deal of time to fully explore it, but it seems absolutely fantastic. Did learn a new way to cast on there, which I like much better than the way I learned from the booklet I'd been using.

And on a new front, I started working on a batch at 100 Words. It's a neat little writing site. To participate, you must write 100 words each and every day for a particular month. I am definitely not a writer, but it's a fun challenge to help me spread my wings a bit.

And aside from a birthday card I threw together so last minute that I didn't have time to scan it, that about sums up my creating endeavors for the week.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm jealous. I haven't scrapped for myself in ages!!!! Good for you. Your pictures are great.

I love the scarf :) I'm glad that site helped! There's so much to look at on there.

You sure did more than me on the creating endeavor this week. I finished my second pair of socks last night and that's about it!

take care,
Dawn

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, those scrapbook pages are wonderful! I haven't scrapped in ages either, well, since I started blogging. Had to give one up for the other, I'm afraid :)

That scarf is adorable too, love it!