Sunday, March 04, 2007

Just Curious...

I am simply boggled by the amount of dirty laundry this family generates. It seems that with the addition of each child the amount of laundry to be done each week increased exponentially. I remember a time in the distant past when I did laundry once a week. Those were the days! Now it is a daily chore. During the summer, I average 11-12 loads of laundry and during the winter, about 14. Granted, we are a family of 5. But still.

Just curious...
...how many loads of laundry do you do per week for how many people? And how often do you have to do it?

4 comments:

marianne said...

Whoa, I'm boggled for you! That's a boatload of laundry, even for 5. There's two of us and on average, we do about 5 loads once a week, including sheets and towels.

Dawn said...

I do about 6-7 loads a week for the three of us. Man, you have a lot of laundry! I love the summer...those shorts and t-shirts don't take up as much room in the laundry basket LOL!

Speaking of laundry, I'm off to do another load!!

Just an unrelated aside....I read Grapes of Wrath about 30 years ago in high school and don't remember much about it so I can't really answer your question...sorry!

take care,
Dawn

~**Dawn**~ said...

just one of me. i do a load of lights, a load of darks & a load of delicates once a week (none are full loads really though...) and a load of linens once every 10-14 days.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Well, I think I do too much for two adults. We must be dirty people! I do about 6-7 loads a week, but one of those is towels and one is sheets. I do a load most every day of the week. And I agree with Dawn - summer seems better because the clothes are smaller and less to them than the big bulky stuff in the winter :)