Sunday, March 25, 2007

Saturday round-up

*Max started his Soccer Tots class. We were a bit worried...he's nervous about starting new things, the class had actually started three weeks ago so the other kids would already be a bit more comfortable with it all, and as much as he keeps telling us that he wants to play soccer, when we told him we signed him up for this, he started bawling and saying he didn't want to do it. But all turned out well. He was nervous, and even cried at one point. But he really did have fun, and joined in on every activity and game. And he actually seems to have some innate talent, too.

*While Rich and Max were at the soccer class, we had a candy hunt. Annie, Gray, and a neighborhood friend of Annie's asked if I would hide candy all around the yard for them to find. I told them I didn't have any wrapped candy, so they all went off and raided their stashes. They gave me this big bag they managed to gather up, and I proceeded to hide it all over our front yard. They had an absolute ball searching it out and then trading what they found. What an easy way to keep them amused for an hour...and it was all with candy they already owned anyway!

*Managed to get a little bit of work done for the coming school week. Still have quite a bit to do today though. Anyone have an ecology test I could borrow?

*Went to the Lamberton Conservatory. All of us, even the boys, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It's small, but very nice. The boys, who originally moaned and whined about the idea of going and looking at a bunch of plants, actually requested to go through a second time...and we did. Took a lot of photos, but haven't loaded them to the computer yet, so I'll have to wait until later to post a few. (This was actually a field trip for Annie...she was looking for examples of plants that would grow in various biomes.)

*Our basketball watching came to a bitter end, with Memphis's loss to Ohio State. Oh well. Usually those last few minutes of a game are so exciting, but in that game, they were simply depressing.

*Rich and I watched a little more of The Stand last night. While watching, I finished up Annie's scarf. Yeah!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

You have been busy! :) I'm glad Max enjoyed the soccer class.

The candy hunt sounds like fun :) :) What a good mom you are doing that for the kids!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from the conservatory.

I just loaned my version of The Stand to a friend to read. I haven't seen the movie in a long time. I only remember Molly Ringwald was in it. Are you enjoying it?

take care,
Dawn

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, how on earth do you have time to blog? I got tired just reading that, hehehe! It all sounds fun though, and very upbeat. Glad you guys are doing all of these fun things. Go Max, on soccer. Hope he enjoys it and the exercise should be great for him. Soccer has tons of running!

The candy hunt sounds fun, even to me. I always love to hide Easter eggs :)

Sorry, can't help with that ecology test, but the field trip to the conservatory sounds fun. Glad you took photos!

We were bummed about Memphis too. Missed the game but were still sad, nonetheless.

Have a great day!