Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring Reading Thing

So excited about what I read at Gail's this morning! Yep, just giddy! She is participating in the Spring Reading Thing at Callapidder Days. Sounds like such fun that I just had to join in myself...and hopefully it will give the incentive I need to make some reading time for myself.

In general, you pick the books that you would like to read during this spring and make a list. March 21-June 21. Please check out the link above for all the particulars and to see what everyone else is reading!


So, here's my list:
1. Executive Orders by Tom Clancy
(been reading this forever!)
2. Call After Midnight AND Under the Knife by Tess Gerritsen (this is actually 2 books in 1, but I figured since I was almost done with Executive Orders I would include it)
3. Hunting Season by Nevada Barr
4. The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett
5. Before I Say Good-Bye by Mary Higgins Clark

Books #1, 2, and 5 are books others have lent me, so I really want to get them done. Book #3 is actually mine, but a friend lent me two other books by Nevada Barr that follow this one. I just like to read them in order, so I need to read this one so I can move on to hers. And #4, I just really want to read. (Probably should have included the ones I know I'll have to be reading for homeschooling, but that didn't seem like as much fun for some reason.) Anyway, that's my list.

And please check out Spring Reading Thing!

8 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

Yay, glad you joined in!
I was going to say, you can do any number you want, it doesn't have to be just 5! Some lists are pretty long and on the fall challenge I think I had 12 or more on my list but I just wanted mine way shorter this time.....I never know what I might want to be reading by next month!

twiga92 said...

Well, hello, fellow Debi who spells the name the same as I do :-). I'm currently reading Call after Midnight (just started it). Gerritsen is one of my favorite authors.

Karen said...

LOL, I have been trying to read Executive Orders forever it seems! Its just so big and bulky that its hard to take with you anywhere when 3 toddlers are in tow! I am also OCD about reading books in order. I have book 11 of the Janet Evanovich series, but I won't read it until I can get the other 10...and I like to own the whole set, not just one...and in the same size/cover/etc. Great list of books:-)

Deena Peterson said...

I'm looking forward to the new Mary Higgins Clark coming out this spring...my mom and I used to read her, trading books back and forth. Makes me miss my mom...

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Looks like a great list! I'm so glad you found, and decided to join, the challenge. Enjoy your reading!

Nise' said...

I haven't read Clancy and Gerritsen in a few years. I should pick them back up again! Enjoy your reading.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I played last fall but decided to opt out this time. Three months is such a long time for me to try to decide what I want to read in that time frame. I like to read whatever I feel like, and my moods change, so it's hard for me to pick.

These look like good ones though! I've read one Nevada Barr book and will try to read more one day. She's a local author who lives nearby :)

Rae said...

Looking forward to your review on Before You Say Goodbye. Happy Reading! =)