Sunday, March 18, 2007

what we'll be eating this week

One of the things I accomplished yesterday was making up a menu for the week. Nothing fancy on slate, but I am hoping to try a couple new recipes. (Actually had been planning on trying another one of Stacy's recipes this week, but then forgot about it when I actually sat down to do my plan. Oh well, maybe next week.)

*lasagna, Italian bread

*red beans and rice (we have some left in the freezer from the last time Rich made it...it's one of his specialties)

*almost stuffed peppers, corn muffins, applesauce

*turkey meatballs, pierogies, cranberry bread

*Parmesan pork chops (new recipe), red potatoes, green beans, peanut butter date muffins

*salsa pasta, garlic bread, fruit salad

*cheesy potatoes and ham, broccoli, apple cinnamon muffins (new recipe)

**double layer pumpkin pie...dessert some night

***walnut cinnamon coffeecake...was supposed to make this for breakfast two weekends ago, but still haven't gotten around to it

4 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh wow, what a menu! That all sounds so good :) I haven't made lasagna and red beans and rice in ages, please eat some for me!

Let us know how the new recipes turn out too :)

gail@more than a song said...

I didn't do a menu this week and it usually makes my week more disorganized! Story of my life sometimes.

Debi said...

Gail-I know what you mean! I'm so grateful to Stacy for getting me back on board with the menu planning...it really does make life easier!

Dawn said...

Yum! The pork sounds good. Let me know how you like it! I haven't even thought about what I'll make. I think I have to go grocery shopping today, see what's on sale and plan from there.

take care,
Dawn