Thursday, April 05, 2007

flabbergasted

Yep. That's exactly what I am. Gail threw my name into her list. (She even cheated to do it. LOL) I honestly can't imagine WHY she named me, but I am so honored that she did! I look forward to reading her blog, as well as her sister Stacy's blog every day! In fact when they were both out of commission for a couple days there, I nearly went crazy! Anyway, back to the "why?"...as I told Gail, I'm pretty sure about the only thing I ever make anyone think is "This woman really needs to get a grip!" So let me just follow along with the "rules" here, and tell you about some of the blogs that I not only enjoy, but that will make you think far more than mine ever will...





1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

A few of the people I could have chosen (such as Gail and Stacy have already been tagged, so I suppose I shouldn't pick them. But there are so many interesting people out there who make me think, who make me stop and ponder things that may never have entered my mind otherwise, that I don't think I'll have any trouble completing this list...

1. Melissa at Little Wool Gatherings. I just recently started reading her blog. And I find her totally delightful! She makes me laugh, as well as think. I recently told her she was my new domestic idol. She's just so totally real and down-to-earth. And she does all these cool things that I just can't seem to find the time for, like sewing and gardening. And yes, she does it all while still being a mommy extraordinaire to her brood.

2. Dawn at Thoughts From Along the Broken Road. Dawn's is one of the first blogs I started reading. She's an absolute sweetheart. And you just never know what you might find over at her blog. She's a sports nut, and even though I'm not personally a baseball fan, I still occasionally read some of her baseball posts simply because of her enthusiasm. And speaking of her enthusiasm...Disney needs to hire her as their spokesperson! She takes wonderful photos of her numerous trips to the parks, too. She is also the only person I know (aside from Rich and I) that absolutely loves Boston Legal...and she always passes on her favorite quotes from the show (as well as from Grey's Anatomy, which she also loves). Some of my favorite posts are her "little bits of happy". I try to live in a state of perpetual thankfulness and I really try to take note of all the simple blessings in my life. I absolutely love reading Dawn's "little bits of happy"...and they never fail to spur me on to come up with a new thing to be thankful for.

3. Carrie at My Lil' Corner of the World. I just recently stumbled on Carrie's blog...and I will be forever grateful that I did. Carrie is an absolute doll! She's a loving mommy and a loving wife. You can see that come through in everything she writes. You can't help but come away from Carrie's place feeling happier than when you arrived...even if you were already happy to start with! And if you ask me, that's the best kind of "thinking" anyone could ever inspire!

4. Amanda at A Patchwork of Books. Another recent find. Amanda is sweet young book-loving blogger. She reminds me of what it was like to be young. And she's not just a book-lover, but she's a librarian as well. She writes wonderful book reviews! Because of her, my "to read" list has grown by leaps and bounds. So not only does she make me think as I read her blog, but she turns me on to books that lead to yet more "thinking"!

5. Marianne at Lil Bits of Me. I think Marianne's is the very first blog I ever started reading. And I still check in on her daily. Her blog is a wonderful eclectic mix. She sometimes tells really touching stories. She speaks adoringly of her grandkiddos. And she gets you thinking about things going on out there in the real world, often in a very humorous way.

Now these ladies are so much more deserving than I, and I strongly suggest you visit each and every one of them! And I'm going to cheat a bit, too. There's one more blog I really want to mention...Kelli at Well Behaved Women.... She may not be for everyone. She's hilarious and irreverent and as real as you get! She's mom to a whole of flock of kiddos...and I'm guessing they all think she's the greatest! I adore her.

I humbly thank you once again, Gail!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Like you, I am completely flabbergasted!! Thank you, thank you! I can hardly wait to sit down and think about who I will nominate - there are SO many wonderful blogs on my list, choosing will definitely be difficult.

You are too sweet! :-)

gail@more than a song said...

I'll have to check some of yours out! I LOVE Dawn's blog and you're right, Disney should hire her.....her photos are always just the BEST!
I wanted to include like 24 people!

Arlene said...

I found you through Carrie, and I'm clicking on the ladies you guys are linking. What a fun way to find new blogs to read :-)
Congrats on your award!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, yeah, congratulations! I love your blog, and I also read Dawn, Carrie and Marianne's as well and thoroughly enjoy them. So, you know I'll be checking out the other two ladies, they must be equally wonderful blogs. Great job Debi :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, you're right! Our darn great minds, heehee!

What you said was SO VERY SWEET! Thank you! :o)

I'm so glad you got this award twice, LOL! Since I got it twice, too, maybe we should post the button on our sidebar 2 times to show we're doubly special, LOL!

~**Dawn**~ said...

ok! i finally got to doing this! it took me about between travelling for Easter & then trying to come up with my list, but it's finally up! thank you so much for the compliments you gave me. i really enjoy your blog as well.