Wednesday, June 20, 2007

words on Wednesday

Well, I was getting a little cocky this week, thinking I was finally going to get through an entire week without running across a new word. Of course, I should have known better...stumbled on an unfamiliar word last night. I'm guessing there will be several out there who know this one. Let me know.

*abattoir-a slaughterhouse (from Kiss Me, Kill Me)

And that's all I've got for today. Any fellow word lovers out there might want to check out Melissa's blog, The Silver Tongue, as she posts a new word each day. And last week, Melody played along with the Words on Wednesday idea, too. Hope she will again this week!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Abattoir? But of course! And this should be said with the an accent and inflection appropriate to horror movies. I'll have to see if I still have the list of 100 words every high school graduate should know and send it to you. It would be interesting to see how many Annie knows already.

Melody said...

I'm late this week, Debi! But mine's up! :D