Friday, July 20, 2007

a bit repetitive

Yes, this is starting to get old here, isn't it? But I seem to have a problem. Yes, I really do. Why is it that I can't seem to say "no" to a book challenge. Oh well, I suppose there are far worse addictions.

So, what's the latest? The Book to Movie Reading Challenge hosted by Callista at S.M.S. Book Reviews. It runs from September 1 through December 1. And you just have to read 3 books that have been made into movies. And Callista has a link to an amazingly long list of ideas.

I actually already have several books on my upcoming reading list (other challenges and homeschooling) that would work. And she did say it was o.k. to overlap with other challenges, but I think I'll try to keep the overlap to just one of the three books.

So, anyway, here's what I've come up with:

*MacBeth by William Shakespeare (also using this for homeschooling and maybe for the RIP Challenge coming up this fall)

*Zodiac by William Graysmith

*Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (I actually read this back in 2000, but I want to refresh my memory before moving on the the others, which I have not read)

--For whatever reason, I have not been able to snag the adorable little button Callista has for this challenge. I will continue to try, and hopefully add it later.--

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! At least you can admit you have a problem! If you ever want me to walk ya through the adding a button step, let me know, It's really easy, I promise!

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. The girls are with their Dad this weekend, *sniff sniff*. What on earth will I do?!

maggie moran said...

OT - Debi, My hubby called out 17 and that means you have won this week drawing for pecans! :D

I'm currently away from home, but will send them ASAP.When you get a chance, please sedn your address to my work e-mail. mmoranATnorthwestmsDOTedu

Congrats!!!!

kreed said...

I am considering an intervention for this little addiction you have...just kidding - I think it is a fabulous way to get books read that you otherwise wouldn't read. One day I'm going to get off my rear, follow in your footsteps and branch out!

BTW, I think you do great book reviews - they always make me want to read the book!

Ana S. said...

Another tempting one. And if fits some books I'm planning to read anyway rather nicely. Hmmm...

You know what, I am coming to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with joining too many challenges. The worse that can happen is not completing them, and even if we don't, changes are we'll have read one great book or two we wouldn't have picked up otherwise. So don't feel bad!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for joining my challenge! i Hope you have fun doing it. Are you having trouble saving my graphic or posting it? If you can't seem to save it, I could send it to you by email. Let me know.

Literary Feline said...

Like you, I find it hard to turn down a good challenge. I've managed to avoid some, but this one was too good to pass up. Zodiac is the only one on your list I haven't read (or seen the movie of). I'll be anxiously awaiting your review when you get to it!