Monday, August 27, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

Finally back with a plan. Things have been so screwy around here the past few weeks that I haven't even bothered. But I think things should now be settling down a bit, and starting to get back to routine. Sort of, anyway. Maybe not entirely...we'd like to get in a few special "little things" before the start of the new school year, but they may not affect mealtime. So anyway, on slate for this week...

*enchiladas/wankerflots/chili cheese puff

*chili/cornbread/tortilla chips

*lasagna roll-ups/Italian bread/salad

*ladle-it-on/muffins/broccoli

*Italian skillet dinner/garlic bread/salad

*kielbasa and potato bake (a recipe from Carrie, that I planned to try weeks ago but haven't got around to)/cauliflower/muffins

*leftovers

10 comments:

lifeasamama said...

what is a wankerflot?

gail@more than a song said...

Yay you're back! Hope you had fun.
Lasagna roll ups and Italian skillet dinner both sound yummy!

Carrie! :o) said...

I've had a taste for chili lately, too. I think it's because I'm aching for Fall to get here, LOL. Great menu this week!

tegdirb92 said...

kielbasa? A woman after my own Polish heart :) Great week ahead!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yeah, she's a woman with a plan! So glad you're back and hope you guys settle into a good routine. School here has been going on for about 3 weeks!

Your menu sounds great, especially the lasagna rollups. Yum-O!

Have a great day and a wonderful week!

Teresa said...

I'm asking the same question as lifeasamama....What is a wankerflot?

Jennifer said...

I'm not sure what a wankerflot is either, but it sure is a fun word to say! LOL! Looks like a tasty week at your house! Enjoy! -And glad things are getting back to "normal" for you too! :0)

Jean said...

Wankerflots--if memory serves, it's a pet name for some form of baked beans that Debi's kids wouldn't eat. Rich told them they weren't beans; they were wankerflots, and after that the kids were okay with them.

Debi said...

Pretty good memory, Jean! They're doctored-up refried beans. And you've got the story correct, except for the fact that the boys still won't eat them.

Melissa R. Garrett said...

Enchiladas seem to be the "thing" this week! I fixed ours last night - oh, so good . . .

And regarding wankerflots, if a rose is still a rose (or however that line goes - hee, that rhymes!), I guess a bean is still a bean . . . even if it's called a wankerflot. I wonder if Jacob would eat food, in general, if I just called it candy? Hm. Probably not :-(