Sunday, September 02, 2007

a quick recap

This past week...

*Rich finished the final Harry Potter book. He read all seven for the first time this summer.

*Rich and Annie saw the latest Harry Potter movie at the theater.

*Max had kindergarten orientation.

*Gray and Max got haircuts. And they both look soooooo cute!

*We checked out the new Mexican restaurant in the area. Finally, a decent one! Better than decent actually...it was really very good. (I've missed good Mexican restaurants since we moved up here!)

*Annie and I had our first day of school.

*Annie had a "class reunion" picnic with her third grade class.

*Annie and her friend Bridget had a sleepover here last night.

*Max started sleeping in his new room (even though it's not totally "done").

*Gray and Max both caught my cold, but are holding up like real troopers.

*Rich started the new semester with his department meeting and other assorted meetings. (Classes don't start until Tuesday.)

*Rich, Annie, and I were ecstatic to see Robb get booted from Design Star!

*We enjoyed a gorgeous morning at Tinker Nature Park today.

8 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like a busy week, but a good one, and nice to end the summer break on a high note. Loved the kindergarten orientation story. I'm betting that if you hadn't gone up for the story (even as the only parent there), the rest of the morning would not have gone so smoothly. I think you let Max know that you would be there for him, and that gave him the safety net he needed for the rest of the experience. I hope the first real day goes smoothly for him if not for you. And I'm glad Annie's school year started off so well. There are still times I wonder if I should have done that with mine, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Unknown said...

Lots of fun things and you have been staying busy.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, that's a busy week! Good stuff though. I hope the school year is off to a good start for everyone. And yeah on finding a good Mexican place! They're a dime a dozen where I live, so I can't imagine not having lots of good choices :)

Hope you guys are having a great weekend :)

Dawn said...

Wow you've had a busy week! I've been trying not to be busy to enjoy the last hurrah if you will :)

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh Debi! I just love these posts. We went to a local Mexican place tonight for dinner. David had been there before but I hadn't. I got a Chicken Taco Salad and it was so good. I just love authemtic mexican food. I miss my ex-mil's cooking.

I'm so sorry the cold is spreading. I hope everyone starts feeling better real soon!

Sounds like alot of good stuff happening in your neck of the woods! Don't ya love it when there's alot to reflect on. Makes ya feel productive! :o)

Hope you have a good evening. We're getting ready to watch The Ultimate Gift. Watched Blades of Glory last night .... whew, that was full of crude humor. *ugh*!

Unknown said...

What a busy week!

Wasn't Rob the worst?? The attitude on him - whew!

I miss Mexican food SO much. We finally got a restaurant here in Ithaca, but we haven't been to it yet. My homemade Mexican just doesn't cut it ;-)

School for us starts on Wednesday, too. We have open house on Tuesday. My stomach does flip-flops each time I think about watching Jacob get on that bus and ride away. And I am NOT looking forward to getting up at 5 AM! I have just written out our daily schedules - full, full, full! Now that I am official a WAHM, there's so much I have to balance with taking care of Bridget while the kids are at school.

How did Annie like Harry Potter (the movie)?

gail@more than a song said...

I just love mexican food too and would be sad if we couldn't find a place we liked. Hope you're feeling better, I am, and hope the boys do ok with that stuff too. Where are the pictures of the cute haircuts!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the design star eviction! I'm glad I'm not the only one addicted to the show!