Tuesday, December 04, 2007

feeling giddy...

I know I've gushed before about what a great guy Carl is. And I stand by every word...he is thoughtful and generous and has been extremely kind to my family, especially Annie. But besides all of this, he truly is the King of Reading Challenges! For those of you who already participate in his awesome challenges, you know just what I mean when I say he is a Host Extraordinaire! If you're one of those who haven't, you just don't know what you're missing. Because along with getting to read a lot of great books, and then getting to read tons of great book reviews written by fellow participants, you get to participate in all kinds of fun contests. I can't even remember how many different contests he had during the two months of the RIP II Reading Challenge...and they come with the coolest prizes!

One of the contests Carl sponsored during the RIP II Challenge was entitled Something Sinister. (Suzanne was the creative genius behind this one.) Participants had to dig out their cameras and capture...well, something sinister, of course.

Carl now has all the entries posted. And I won! I truly can't believe it. I do actually like my photo, but there are so many incredibly clever and creepy entries. I never could have fulfilled judging duties on this one!

(I'd be embarrassed to admit how much time I spent arranging my little vignette, but I guess I can no longer complain about being married to a biologist who feels the need to collect such things, huh?)

13 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Congratulations Debi, I'm very excited for you. The funny thing was, so much time had passed that I thought someone else had submitted that picture. I saved myself a lot of embarrassment by going back to my original emails and making sure who took what photos!!!

That is a great collection your hubby has, right up my alley!

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy hosting the challenges, I just wish I was better about being timely with things, procrastination has always been a problem and true work drama just made things worse this fall. Ah well, there is always room for growth!

kreed said...

Congratulations! Good to see all that bio stuff can come in handy from time to time! And it goes without saying that your picture was awesome!

chrisa511 said...

Oh cool! Congratulations Debi! I haven't even seen them yet...I'm heading over to Carl's blog now :)

DesLily said...

congratulations again !(I did that at carls too).. I can't wait to see the pink poppet in some photo's you take! (I'm having a blast with my little red one!)

I won't ask why you have all that eerie stuff around your house! LOL LOL

Ana S. said...

Congratulations, Debi! And you are absolutely right, Carl is a wonderful host.

Jennifer said...

Woo Hoo - Congrats Debi!! And your picture is really cool - very deserving to win. I love how you set it up - even if the stuff is a bit creepy! Oh, and I really liked the picture of your tree too - great photography skills!

1morechapter said...

Great picture, Debi. Congrats!

Melody said...

You won, Debi!!! Congratulations! I think that's a great pic, and already I can imagine the scary story behind it, hehe... great stuff!

marianne said...

whoa, cool beans!! congratulations, debi - loved your photo!

Dewey said...

Congratulations! Yours did tell a story, as one of the judges said. Ha ha, my cat with her vampire face doesn't look very sinister at all next to those demon-eyed cats!

Unknown said...

Congrats Debi!! Sinister, indeed! I think I'll decline any future dinner invitation. ;-)

raidergirl3 said...

Lots of snow in the east, we had school cancelled yesterday, and just about today. It looks like the snow is here for the winter.
Your cat looks so cool under the tree.

Stephanie said...

VERY cool picture!! I'm glad you won!! Carl does have the best challenges. I love the genres anyway, but he makes them so much fun!!