That letter meme that's going around just looked so fun, I had to request me a letter of my own. Thank you, Kim! She bestowed me with the letter M. So, I now need to list (List! Of course, no wonder I was so enamored with this little meme!) 10 things I love that start M. Chris also received M, but I'm going to try my darnedest not to "steal" any of his answers.
1. Maxidoodle! Like there was any doubt what "M" would top my list, huh?
My miraculous surprise. My mischievous little monkey. My cat-lovin' maniac. My baby.
2. Matrimony and Maternal-ness. Just my way of saying how incredibly fortunate I am, how very much I love my little family. I have the most wonderful, supportive, loving husband. And I am blessed beyond any possible words...I'll never understand why I was given the honor of being mom to these three precious human beings, but I am so very grateful that I was.
(Rich and his mom)
3. Mice. Long ago, I had to face the fact that I never know what little critters my dear husband will bring home next. A few years back, it was mice. At first, I was slightly annoyed...not because I don't like mice, but because being consulted about something that is going to bring me more work would have been nice. But what can I say? They charmed the socks off me in no time! They are just the sweetest little things I could ever imagine. And there is something so incredibly stress-relieving about just watching them go about their business and interact with one another. (But as for the hissing cockroaches...can't say I've quite warmed up to them yet.)
4. Museums. Oh man, I love, love, love museums. My favorites are natural history museums and art museums, but I'm generally game for anything. Of course, the Jello Museum is pretty close by, and I haven't been there yet.
5. Making stuff. (Is that cheating?) It truly is something I love, and something I don't spend nearly enough time doing anymore. I love making stuff with paper and fabric and fiber and wood and well, just about anything. In fact, things that would normally end up in the garbage can or recycle bin are some of my favorite "materials" of all.
6. Movies. I'm not one of those people who can actually talk about them intelligently or anything. And I admit that I prefer watching them in the comfort of my own home. But I do love movies. Most any movie, really...I'm definitely not all that critical. Being easily entertained is actually a pretty fortunate trait to have. :)
7. Microbreweries. Actually, I'm not a huge beer drinker. Much more of a gin and tonic girl. But there's something so appealing about drinking little locally brewed beers. Maybe it just reminds me of the days when we had time to brew our own beer. Hmmm...we really ought to do that again...
8. Manicotti. At least when prepared by Rich, with ricotta and minced pepperoncinis. Mmmmm.
9. Make-Believe. No explanation necessary.
10. Mysteries, Memoirs, and Mythology. Well, there had to be some way to fit books into this list, didn't there?
***Note: Had I not put the "can't use anything Chris used" restriction on myself, my Mom definitely would have made the list!
***Another note: This was harder than I thought it would be.
Anybody out there that hasn't yet got a letter? If so, and if you'd like one, just ask and you shall receive.