Thursday, April 06, 2006

a little stress reliever

Way too stressed out right now. Don't know why I do this to myself whenever we're expecting guests. Feeling totally overwhelmed. Dumb, really. Because for one thing, I know that my mom, dad, aunt, and uncle will not care if I still have piles of books and papers all over in the project/classroom because I'm in the midst of spring cleaning, nor will they care if I don't get that second kind of cookie baked, nor will they care that Annie's bedspread is a bit lopsided because she made the bed herself. And for another thing, I always seem to manage to get everything done anyway. Yet every time "company's coming", I go into this panic mode.
Decided to take a few deep breaths, sit down here at the computer, and make a list of 10 things that made me smile in the past 24 hours.

1. getting a phone call from the manager at Pizza Hut with the news that Max had won the coloring contest in the 3- to 4-year-olds category
2. hearing Gray and Max sing the theme song to "Milo and Otis" in bed last night
3. noticing, as I was strapping Max into his car seat this morning, that he'd put his pants on backwards
4. having Taco climb in my lap for some early morning pampering
5. yet another Gray masterpiece--I love his quirky style
6. finding out that my cousin's baby got to go home from the NICU
7. Annie's "I love you, Mom!" first thing this morning
8. Max's excitement over seeing a box of Scooby Doo mac & cheese at Target
9. the cool little "telephone style" number magnets in the $1 spot at Target that will make cool scrapbook embellishments
10. stealing 10 minutes last night to look through a scrapbook mag

O.K.--slightly more relaxed now. But how long until my true nature comes shining through again?!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love the idea of posting the ten things that make you happy! They were very sweet to read :)

I get stressed out like you do also. I've got company (mom, DD, SIL, DGD) for dinner on Easter Sunday and I'm already worried about getting the house cleaned.

take care,
Dawn