Tuesday, September 19, 2006

and on a scrapping note...

O.K.--homeschooling is underway (though I think every day will involve many hours devoted to every aspect of this) and my scraproom has finally been whipped back into shape. This means the scrapping may again commence. Finally. Been going through severe withdrawal the past few months!

Started a layout last night (my brain was too fried to continue working on our "matter unit" any longer). Managed to finish it this morning while Annie worked on her math problems. Felt so good to get one under my belt. And I even like how it turned out (not something I can say about every layout I complete). Of course, those cute little binder clips made for a wonky scan here. Oh well.

Also managed to crank out a super quick little layout for my "other peoples kids" book. You know all those adorable photos you get in your Christmas cards? I have a spiral bound little 8x6 book that I scrap those photos in. (Actually, I'm on my second one--the first got filled up.) Hope to get that little album up to date here soon (have maybe four more pages to do), since before long a new round will be arriving. How can Christmas be creeping up here so fast anyway?!!

Anyway, my scraproom (not much more than a glorified closet, but I am ever so grateful to have it!) is bursting at the seams! I seem to do a much better job at buying supplies than using them. I'm pretty dang sure that I'm not alone in this. But, I have decided that I MUST do something about this. Like using up all the crap I already have! I've laid down the law with myself...I must do 10 layouts for each new thing I want to buy (before I buy it, of course). Wonder how long it will take me to break these newly imposed sanctions.

Hmmm...just tried 3 times and failed 3 times to upload that layout. Oh well, maybe another time.

Only 8 more layouts to go till I can buy a new piece of pattern paper. Geez-put that way, this new challenge of mine doesn't sound nearly as attractive.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh but Debi, shopping is the best part of scrapping. I do the exact same thing :) I haven't scrapped a page for myself in so long!!!

I'm glad you are feeling your groove come back.

take care,
Dawn