Saturday, September 23, 2006

saying goodbye to babyhood

The last day that my "baby" will be a three-year-old. Waaaahhhhh!
Age three let me fool myself a bit. I could still try to pretend that Max was my little baby. Four-years-old, though...that's squarely into little boyhood!
I know I'll get used to it, but for now I need to be just a little bit sad about it all.

There is one thing I find entirely unfair about the whole thing, however. If I have to live with the fact that my baby is now a little boy, should I not at least get the reward of saying goodbye to diapers?!! Seriously, has there ever been another kid turning four who still adamantly refused to have anything to do with the potty? Surely, there must be...but I've never encountered one quite as stubborn as my little Maxidoodle.

Quote for the day:
"Youth comes but once in a lifetime." --Longfellow

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I remember crying the day before Timmy turned 4. It really does seem like there is no going back to babyhood at that point. Happy Birthday to Max and a HUG to mom :)

take care,
Dawn