Tuesday, October 23, 2007

under the weather

Max is staying home from school today. Let me tell you, he's really broken up about it...ha! Nothing major, just a slight fever and a really ugly cough.

Baker is the one who had me worried though. He had another seizure last night. He was right on the floor beside the bed...if he'd have been out in the living room, I might not even have heard him. It breaks my heart and scares the crap out of me while he's in the midst of one. I stayed up with him for about half an hour afterwards...he was fine and eventually got to sleep.

Whenever Baker has one of his seizures, which luckily is not that often, it always brings back worries about Gray. I guess that's only natural. Especially as he eases closer and closer towards puberty (though that's still a few years away). Back when Gray was being weaned off his medication, his neurologist told us that that's the time when his seizures are most likely to come back. And there's only a 1 in 3 chance that that will even happen, so the odds are with him. And yet still we worry...guess it comes with the old parental territory, huh?

7 comments:

kreed said...

Parenting and worry do seem to be nicely (or not so nicely!) intertwined. I think it is impossible not to worry...

Sorry about Baker...that has got to be scary. Is he still on medication?

Hope you and Max have a mellow day - I bet he is terribly broken up to be home with you and Annie!

chrisa511 said...

I'm sorry Debi :( I'll keep the family in my thoughts! Hope everyone gets better soon. We have a few members in my family who have seizures too and it is a scary thing. I wish y'all the best.

Ana S. said...

Poor Max... I hope he feels better soon enough. And I'm sorry to hear about Baker... I can imagine how scary that must have been.

Dewey said...

What kind of seizures, epilepsy? Sounds scary, to be a parent helping your child through a seizure.

Hope Max is better soon!

Melody said...

Oh dear! I'm sorry to hear that, Debi! I hope everyone is well at home and that they will be in my thoughts.

gail@more than a song said...

Hope everyone is feeling better today.
Have I missed something about Gray from the past? Has he had seizures before? My daughter Kathryn started getting them in college and will have to be on meds the rest of her life it looks like. That's a little bit why these babies are such a blessing and miracle! It's hard to quit being a mama and not worry about your kids no matter their age.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh goodness, I'd be worried too! Seizures seem so very scary to me. Poor Baker, I hope he's ok :)