Thursday, April 17, 2008

a few days away

Sheesh...you go away for a few days, and you come back feeling inundated, huh? So much blog reading to catch up on. Not to mention laundry...ugh.

And speaking of laundry, it's finally spring-like enough that I got to hang my first load of the season outside this morning to dry. Pretty cool, especially considering that when we left home Sunday morning it was snowing.

We headed off to first visit my parents in the northwestern corner of PA...and then crossed the state to the southeastern corner to visit Rich's mom. I'd been dying to take the kids to the Philadelphia Museum of Art for ages. And when I found out that they were having a special Frida Kahlo exhibit, I knew we just had to make a trip down there. (Annie and I had been learning about her in school.)

I absolutely love this museum, and I hadn't been there in probably 20 years. So this was an amazing treat for all of us. Unfortunately, they're doing a lot of work on the outside of the building so I didn't really get any great shots of it. (And you were not allowed to photograph inside the Kahlo exhibit itself.) But here's a just a few pictures from elsewhere at the museum.







And, of course, we just had to let little boys who behaved exceedingly well in the museum, do the famous run up the stairs. (Yes, even Rich behaved himself.)

15 comments:

Jean said...

But did you play the music while they were running up? Did they at least hum it? And did the throw their arms up and do the turn at the top? This is way too funny to think about.

Debi said...

Jean,
Oh man...how did I not think of the music?!! Though now I suspect it will be stuck in my head all day...thanks ;)
Believe it or not, they did do the arms thing...well, Rich and Terry did...the boys had no clue. But someone walked in front of them and I missed the photo.

~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL! The Bloggers Law strikes again!

chrisa511 said...

What a great time! I missed you during those few days away but it sounds like y'all had lots of fun. Love the pic of all your boys. Very cool that you got to see the Kahlo exhibit and that Spring is finally starting to show it's face over there!!

Ana S. said...

How cool that you got to see that Frida Kahlo exhibition! It sounds so great. I really love the picture of Annie and the Van Gogh. And the others are great too :)

Like Chris said, you were missed, but it sounds like you had an amazing time!

maggie moran said...

Cool! We did the steps this past January! Love Philly! :)

Kim L said...

Sounds like a fun trip and I saw a Frida Kahlo exhibit (it could very well have been the same one as it was a traveling exhibit) a few months ago here in Minnesota. I remember it being pretty cool!

I also wanted to let you know I awarded you a BFF award.

Melody said...

Sounds fun! I always love going to museums...

BTW, just to let you know you've received an award. ;)

kreed said...

Sounds like a great trip - and who can beat running up the steps! I am humming the music as I type...too bad you missed that shot of Rich and Terry?

Has Rich always shaved his head and I just missed it or is that a new thing?

Debi said...

Kara,
Totally new thing. Not sure I like it yet.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderfully fun trip!

I Hate coming home to all the laundry after a trip. Who am I kidding? I hate laundry all the time!

Anonymous said...

Fun trip!!

I hung my laundry out yesterday. Woo hoo!!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Looks and sounds like great fun! I love the pics of the fam looking all 'art critic'. ;) Very fun.

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I was going to ask what Jean did ;)

Awesome!

gail@more than a song said...

I hear the music playing in the background! What a fun thing to do and of course you should do that!
Sounds like a good trip too.